Deadline today to sign up for YPJC’s chili cook-off
The Young Professionals of Jasper County is hosting its second annual chili cook-off event from 5 to 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 23. In the meantime, the group is seeking up to 10 businesses or volunteers who wish to showcase their chili cooking talents.
Newton firefighters will serve as judges for the best chili competition. First place will receive the traveling “Chili Pot Trophy” and bragging rights for the year. Drinks and refreshments will be sold as well, with all the proceeds going toward the Courthouse Lighting Fund.
There is no cost to participate in the contest, only that the chefs must provide enough chili for 50 people, table and cookware. Napkins, spoons, gloves and cups will be provided.
Those interested in participating can contact Mike Farley at (641) 792-5660 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is today.
More Local News
- Skiff honors recipient of DAISY nursing award
- First and, so far, only female Jasper County supervisor relives those days
- 'A great day' Bishop proclaims of last Freedom Flight
- Halferty pushes back request for COPS grants
- Daughters of the American Revolution Grinnell Chapter