Jury mulling verdict in murder case
WATERLOO (AP) — A jury has begun considering the fate of a Waterloo man charged with fatally shooting a man inside a car.
Twenty-two-year old Montez Caples is charged with first-degree murder, accused of killing 34-year-old Robert Shannon of Parkersburg on Dec. 14. Investigators say Caples was in the back seat of Shannon’s car when he put a revolver to the back of Shannon’s neck and fired.
More State News
- Second shotgun deer season begins Saturday
- Iowa governor, feds reach deal on health expansion
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values