• Keri L. Barrett, 34, of Newton was cited with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped her at 2:32 p.m. Friday in the 200 block North Second Avenue East after receiving a complaint of an ndividual driving with a suspended license. She also was issued a warning for having an expired license plate and was released to appear in court at a later date.
• Kasie S. Lamb, 30, of Newton was arrested and charged with public intoxication after police received a complaint at 9:47 p.m. Friday of an unwanted guest at a residence in the 800 block of East Seventh Street North. Lamb was located just down the street. She failed sobriety maneuvers and appeared to be under the influence of drugs. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Amy M. Miller, 29, of Newton was charged with operating while intoxicated after police stopped her vehicle at 11:49 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of First Street North for not having a license plate. A field test indicated a blood alcohol content of .104. She was released to appear in court at a later date.
• Douglas G. Wing, 69, of Newton was cited with failure to maintain control after traveling east on North Third Avenue East at 5:02 p.m. Oct. 24, entering the intersection at East Fourth Street North and striking a southbound vehicle driven by Martha L. Durski, 75, of Newton, who had the right of way. No one was injured. Damage was estimated at $900 to Wing’s vehicle and $500 to Durski’s vehicle.
• A 10-year-old Newton boy was charged with fifth-degree criminal mischief after police received a complaint at 5:50 p.m. Oct. 30 of a boy smashing a neighbor’s pumpkin in the 900 block of North Seventh Avenue West. Neighbors witnessed the boy smashing the pumpkin, which was valued at $5. He was referred to juvenile court services.
• Eric L. Riskedahl, 38, of Baxter was taken into custody by local authorities at 5:04 p.m. Friday after being arrested in Story County on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear in court for a pre-trial conference on a domestic assault charge. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Ryan M. Tool, 18, of Newton was arrested at 8:49 a.m. Friday on a Jasper County warrant for probation violation. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Catherine A. Nelson, 28, of Des Moines was taken into custody by local authorities at 10:01 a.m. Saturday after being arrested in Polk County on a Jasper County warrant for third-degree theft. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 15 and older.