Think your vote doesn’t count? Think again.
Some have said this will be the most important election of our lifetimes. Then again, they’ve said that each of the last three elections, so it’s understandable if you have a little bit of the Johnny-crying-wolf reaction.
But every election is important, and your participation matters. Consider this: in 2008, the presidential vote in Jasper County was decided by fewer than 1,500 votes. If voters turn out in similar numbers this time around, it could be decided by fewer than 200.
If the election comes down to such a razor-thin margin, do you really want to have to explain why you sat it out, why you chose not to perform your civic duty? We wouldn’t either.
We hope today’s issue is of help to you as you make your final voting decisions for 2012.
More Local News
- County Recorder's Office confirms Iowa Speedway sale final
- Report indicates Japser County on the upswing
- Newton Manufacturing joins Shoes That Fit
- City Council gives city support to Newbury Management.
- St. Nick’s Christmas Club seeks more ‘adopting’ support