Nelson’s support for Voter ID laws draws endorsement
To the editor:
At this time in Iowa’s history, when the diligent work of Iowa’s Secretary of State, Matt Schultz, has shown unequivocally that voter fraud is an issue in Iowa, it is vital that our county auditors are on board with ensuring that our elections are conducted in as fair and secure a manner as possible. Last week at the League of Women Voters forum, Laurie Nelson showed that she is committed to this very thing when she publicly supported Voter ID legislation.
Many states have already implemented Voter ID laws, and it has proven to be a great benefit to them in ensuring secure elections. It makes good sense to adopt such legislation in our own state; and it makes good sense to elect a county auditor who has identified this need. Such a person can be trusted to oversee our election process in a way that will guarantee that, not only is every vote counted, but every vote is valid.
Please join me in voting for Laurie Nelson for Jasper County Auditor on Nov. 6.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Disappointed for the Iowa Veterans Home
- Reader: thankful, proud to be Newton native
- King visit highlighted use of mindless words
- Reader's letter helps correct Wall database error
- Jasper County Freedom Flight Committee thanks citizens for support of Wall That Heals
- Skiff ad brings tears to reader's eyes
- Parents should ensure children are properly vaccinated
- One more thing the government does to take American Natives down
- Progress Industries, Iowa Speedway foundations thank 8K sponsors