Free coaching clinic scheduled for Friday at Newton YMCA
The Newton YMCA is hosting a free coaching clinic from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday for anyone looking to coach youth basketball.
The clinic will be led by Newton Senior High School’s coaching staff, Nick Wilkens and Brandon Sharp. The clinic will cover drills to focus on for player development and how to create a competitive atmosphere. The clinic also will cover how to teach shooting, dribbling and playing defense.
For more information, call Scott Taylor, YMCA athletic director, at (641) 792-4006.
More Local News
- Small named new Iowa Speedway president
- Main Street Initiative Launch Team surpasses goal
- Posh Salon, Spa Open House set for Friday
- JCC announces greeting card contest winners
- First UMC Men's Group donates to Salvation Army