Free coaching clinic scheduled for Friday at Newton YMCA
The Newton YMCA is hosting a free coaching clinic from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday for anyone looking to coach youth basketball.
The clinic will be led by Newton Senior High School’s coaching staff, Nick Wilkens and Brandon Sharp. The clinic will cover drills to focus on for player development and how to create a competitive atmosphere. The clinic also will cover how to teach shooting, dribbling and playing defense.
For more information, call Scott Taylor, YMCA athletic director, at (641) 792-4006.
More Local News
- NPD launches Travelin' Traffic Ace XVII
- Corvette brings friends back together
- Local man reprimands council on nuisance ordinances
- Former Cardinal in competetion for concert
- Fishing, hunting classes set for summer