• Carol S. Albertson, 34, of Newton was charged with driving with a suspended license when her vehicle was stopped at 10:12 p.m. Thursday in the 2400 block of First Avenue East. She also was given a warning for no proof of insurance and released to appear.
• Andrew D. Hopkins, 35, of Newton was arrested at 7:08 p.m. Thursday at 212 E. Fourth St. N. on a Baxter Police Department warrant for second-degree theft. During the arrest, police noticed Hopkins throw something behind a dresser, a pipe, which field-tested positive for marijuana. Hopkins was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Nicole L. Hopwood, 39, of Monroe was charged with public intoxication and interference with official acts at 10:46 p.m. Wednesday when officers were called to Kum & Go on First Avenue East in reference to a suspicious person. Hopwood had a strong odor of alcohol and bloodshot eyes and resisted handcuffs and being placed in the police vehicle. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Lance A. Jones, 21, of Newton was charged with driving with a suspended license when his vehicle was stopped at 5:28 p.m. Oct. 23 in the 700 block of E. Fourth St. S. A passenger in Jones’ vehicle, Chad Berry, 30, of Newton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia when officers searched him and found a marijuana pipe. Both men were released to appear.
• Alexander T. Malloy, 17, of Newton was westbound in the 500 block of North 15th Avenue West at 2:59 p.m. Friday when he swerved to miss a deer and struck a tree. A passenger in his vehicle, Angel M. Hicks, 16, of Newton, was transported to Skiff Medical Center by relatives after complaining of neck pain.
• Stephanie J. Rasmusson, 34, of Newton was arrested at 6:37 p.m. Saturday at America’s Best Value Inn on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear for a child support hearing. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Anthony L. Renaud, 44, of Newton was charged with aggravated domestic assault when officers were called to 208 E. Fourth St. S. at 6:50 p.m. Sunday in reference to a female victim being struck in the face several times. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Michele D. Wales, 39, of Newton, was arrested at 6 p.m. Thursday at 1453 N. 11th Ave. E. on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear for an initial appearance on a charge of driving with a suspended license. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 15 and older.