Kellogg Garden Club
The Kellogg Garden Club met recently and elected officers for 2013. Carolyn Myers and Laura Hanawalt will be co-presidents. Freda DeGreef will serve as vice-president, Pat Patty as secretary and Eunice McCarthy as treasurer.
The club will decorate the Kellogg Museum kitchen for the Down Home Christmas event on Dec. 1 and 2. Ornaments were created at the meeting.
Plans were made for attending the Marshalltown Garden Club “Accents on Entertaining” on Nov. 2. The club will celebrate Thanksgiving with a potluck for members, spouses and guests on Nov. 13. Christmas will be observed with an outing to Peppertree Restaurant on Dec. 18.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton