Salvation Army taking requests next week for Thanksgiving, Christmas food boxes
Next week, the Salvation Army will be accepting applications for Jasper County residents wishing to request a Thanksgiving Food Box containing all the ingredients and supplies for a traditional Thanksgiving meal to be distributed Nov. 21.
This also will be the time to request a Christmas Food Box for all families and Toy Shoppe for families with children age 14 and younger.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Nov. 2. Applications will be accepted in the chapel at The Salvation Army at 301 N. Second Ave. E. in Newton. No late registrations will be accepted.
Requirements include proof of residency in Jasper County, Social Security numbers of all members of the households and income/expense disclosure to meet economic guidelines. Allow 15 minutes for the application process. For more information, call (641) 792-6131.
More Local News
- Basics students and teacher support NCRC test
- And they're off: Local vets depart to D.C. for final Freedom Flight
- Council waives third reading, passes Nuisance Ordinance amendment
- Memorial Day Picnic in Colfax
- Art on display at Uncle Nancy's