Newton Lions Club member Gary Froah cooks pancakes on the club’s new pancake griddle in preparation for a pancake breakfast fundraiser Saturday to benefit the Jasper County Animal Rescue League. The Lions recently purchased the new griddle in lieu of borrowing the Sully Lions Club’s griddle for pancake breakfast fundraisers like the one planned for this weekend. Newton Clinic P.C. Physicians & Surgeons and Cappy’s Tire and Auto Service donated funds for the club to purchase all of the breakfast ingredients for Saturday’s fundraiser. With those donations, 100 percent of the proceeds from the breakfast will be divided equally between JCARL and the Newton Lions Club, which will use the funds locally.
More Local News
- Split decision in Eilander trial
- Memorial Day service planned at Ashton
- Halferty to seek approval for COPS grant from Board
- Jasper County emergency groups stage 'disaster' to practice protocols.
- Berg student council donates to JCARL