Newton Lions Club member Gary Froah cooks pancakes on the club’s new pancake griddle in preparation for a pancake breakfast fundraiser Saturday to benefit the Jasper County Animal Rescue League. The Lions recently purchased the new griddle in lieu of borrowing the Sully Lions Club’s griddle for pancake breakfast fundraisers like the one planned for this weekend. Newton Clinic P.C. Physicians & Surgeons and Cappy’s Tire and Auto Service donated funds for the club to purchase all of the breakfast ingredients for Saturday’s fundraiser. With those donations, 100 percent of the proceeds from the breakfast will be divided equally between JCARL and the Newton Lions Club, which will use the funds locally.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned