Blazing Pumpkins Festival at August Bergman Inn
Halloween may largely be a kids’ event, but tonight’s Blazing Pumpkin Festival event at the August Bergman Inn, 629 First Ave. E., is for adults only.
The event will run from 6 to 8 p.m. and includes wine, appetizers, more than 400 lighted pumpkins, a fortune teller and a tour of the “haunted” David Ryan House. Cost is $15.
The second annual event continues Saturday and is open to all community members from 5 to 9 p.m. Cost is $5 for adults and $2 for children younger than 12. In addition to the pumpkin viewing and haunted house tours, there will be face painting, treats, spooky movies and a special door prize — a Kindle Fire. Blazing Pumpkins is sponsored by the Arts Connection Inc.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton