Sully fire chief endorses Halferty for Sheriff
To the editor:
I am writing this letter to show support for John Halferty for Sheriff of Jasper County. I have known John for a long time. I have seen him and his wife raise their kids through 4-H. John is always willing to lend a helping hand when something needs to be done.
This past year alone, at the County Fair, he helped with cooking and serving food, digging up and cleaning sewer lines and organizing the evacuation of the campground when a storm came through.
As a member of the Jasper County Emergency Management Commission, I see John participate in the planning, training and organizing of everything that goes along with emergency management.
I have worked directly with John when we were searching for a missing child several years ago. I have seen John work as a firefighter. He takes time out of his busy schedule to attend countywide fire meetings, training and drills. He is always willing to learn as well as offer suggestions or advice when we are at training or on an actual call.
John does all of this and more with a tremendous amount of care and concern for everyone involved. He is also very levelheaded, and uses common sense (something that seems to be disappearing in the world today).
You can see I know John through several different things. So, as a supporter of 4-H, a member of the Emergency Management Commission, Sully Fire Chief and a citizen of Jasper County, I think John will make an excellent sheriff and I look forward to the opportunity to continue to work with John in the future.
Mike Vander Molen
Sully Fire Chief
More Letters to the Editor News
- Disappointed for the Iowa Veterans Home
- Reader: thankful, proud to be Newton native
- King visit highlighted use of mindless words
- Reader's letter helps correct Wall database error
- Jasper County Freedom Flight Committee thanks citizens for support of Wall That Heals
- Skiff ad brings tears to reader's eyes
- Parents should ensure children are properly vaccinated
- One more thing the government does to take American Natives down
- Progress Industries, Iowa Speedway foundations thank 8K sponsors