Culver’s hosting Pink Ribbon Support Group fundraiser Saturday
This Saturday, the Newton Culver’s location will team up with the Pink Ribbon Support Group to host a fundraiser in the name of breast cancer awareness.
From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., 10 percent of the day’s total proceeds will go to the Pink Ribbon Support Group and their efforts to buy much-needed items off a wish list from the Skiff Cancer Clinic. The Iowa Pork Producers will match all money raised.
According to support group representative Carol Hopkey, the cancer clinic’s wish list includes “things that would make it a little bit better for patient care,” such as wall-mounted blood pressure cuffs, neck support pillows for patients while they’re undergoing the chemotherapy treatments, even an iPod shuffle and DVDs to make the atmosphere more homey.
Members of the support group will be on hand throughout the day Saturday to help the Culver’s staff. The flavor of the day, according to www.culvers.com, is double strawberry, paying homage to the pink theme.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County