NHS Choirs, Marching Band to present Fall Festival of Music
The Newton Senior High School Choirs and Marching Band will perform at the annual Fall Festival of Music at 7 p.m. Monday in the NHS Center for Performance.
The choirs will be singing “How Can I Keep from Singing,” “Adiemus,” “A Red, Red, Rose” and will collaborate with guests, the Central College Chamber Singers, on three additional songs. The All-State Vocal contenders also will present a recital at 8 p.m. in the vocal room.
The band will be performing its marching band show “Minimally Speaking” by Richard Saucedo and Michael McIntosh. There are three movements: Part I — New Rhythmics, Part II — Layers and Part III — Echoes.
The public is invited to attend this concert and support Newton’ s music department. There will be an admission charge.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton