NHS Choirs, Marching Band to present Fall Festival of Music
The Newton Senior High School Choirs and Marching Band will perform at the annual Fall Festival of Music at 7 p.m. Monday in the NHS Center for Performance.
The choirs will be singing “How Can I Keep from Singing,” “Adiemus,” “A Red, Red, Rose” and will collaborate with guests, the Central College Chamber Singers, on three additional songs. The All-State Vocal contenders also will present a recital at 8 p.m. in the vocal room.
The band will be performing its marching band show “Minimally Speaking” by Richard Saucedo and Michael McIntosh. There are three movements: Part I — New Rhythmics, Part II — Layers and Part III — Echoes.
The public is invited to attend this concert and support Newton’ s music department. There will be an admission charge.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial