Baxter mayor endorses Stevenson, Halferty
To the editor:
I have known Denny Stevenson and John Halferty for many years and have worked with them through the Fire Department, City Council and the E911 Board.
They are both honest individuals who stand up for what they believe and what is in the best interest of the citizens they serve in Jasper County.
Many hours on their “time off” are spent helping in volunteer services that they are passionate about. They serve all of Jasper County and do it well.
I am proud to know both John and Denny and feel they are the right individuals for the positions they are running for in this election.
As Mayor of the City of Baxter I am supporting Denny Stevenson for Jasper County Board of Supervisors and John Halferty for Jasper County Sheriff.
Stephen C. Smith
City of Baxter
More Letters to the Editor News
- Freedom Flight veteran: Doug Bishop is my hero
- Be vigilant about your health to avoid problems
- Increasing Stafford Loan interest rate burdens students least able to afford it
- Kellogg, Killduff blood drive saved nearly 100 lives
- Thank-you to those who participated in recent Freedom Flight, veterans events