Former Jasper County Sheriff backs Halferty
To the editor:
I am writing this letter to support John Halferty to be elected the next Sheriff of Jasper County. In 1997, I had the pleasure of hiring John onto the Sheriff’s Office. At the time I hired John, he was a nine-year veterans of the Newton Police Department. John was a School Resource Officer, DARE Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor and an investigator in the Jasper-Poweshiek-Pella Drug Task Force.
Just after I hired John, I chose him to join the Jasper-Polk-Dallas Drug Task Force. This was during the period that methamphetamine labs were a problem in Jasper County. He did an outstanding job of investigating and eradicating these issues with numerous arrests that led to successful prosecutions. John also formed the Sheriff’s Emergency Response Team before I retired.
John is a lifelong resident of Jasper County and has worked in Jasper County law enforcement for the last 25 years, 12 of them as Chief Deputy of the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office. I know John as a man with great integrity, experience and dedication and I strongly endose John as the best choice as the next Sheriff of Jasper County.
retired Jasper County Sheriff
More Letters to the Editor News
- Freedom Flight veteran: Doug Bishop is my hero
- Be vigilant about your health to avoid problems
- Increasing Stafford Loan interest rate burdens students least able to afford it
- Kellogg, Killduff blood drive saved nearly 100 lives
- Thank-you to those who participated in recent Freedom Flight, veterans events