Suspect arrested in connection to Fourth Ave. house fire
Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the fire that occurred at 527 N. Fourth Ave. E. on Sept. 21. The home, which was not occupied at the time of the fire, was deemed a total loss by Newton Fire Department Acting Captain Calvin Swank.
Following an investigation by the Newton Police and Fire Departments, Jacob R. Stengele, 18, of Newton, was arrested on the afternoon of Oct. 1 and charged with second-degree arson.
According to the Newton Police Department, Stengele was additionally charged with second-degree burglary. Iowa Courts Online records list the burglary charge as third-degree.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned