South Tama cross country runner dies following accident
DES MOINES, (AP) — A teenage cross country runner from Toledo has died after he was hit by a car while running near Tama.
Officials say 13-year-old Ian McFate was injured Monday afternoon. He was running on a trail that crosses a county road near Tama when he was hit. McFate was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines.
Hospital spokesman Gregg Lagan says McFate died Tuesday afternoon.
The accident remains under investigation.
More State News
- Iowa House set to take up one-time spending bill
- Central Iowa police searching for teenage girl
- Iowa lawmakers return to Statehouse
- Fund established for victim of Boone shelter fire
- Iowa DNR warns paddlers about cold water, debris