League of Women Voters candidate forum set for Oct. 22
Bonnie Pitz of the League of Women Voters of Jasper County, has announced that a candidate forum for all local candidates will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, in the Newton City Hall Council Chambers.
Each candidate will be allowed to make a statement about their candidacy, and then will take questions from the public.
State Rep. Dan Kelley and his Republican opponent, Gabe Swersie, will be first on the agenda, followed by Jasper County Auditor Dennis Parrott and Republican challenger Laurie Nelson. Jasper County Supervisor Denny Stevenson and opponent Doug Cupples will face the audience next, and finally, the Jasper County Sheriff candidates, John Halferty and Steve Hoffman, will close out the evening.
The event is free and open to the public.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned