League of Women Voters candidate forum set for Oct. 22
Bonnie Pitz of the League of Women Voters of Jasper County, has announced that a candidate forum for all local candidates will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, in the Newton City Hall Council Chambers.
Each candidate will be allowed to make a statement about their candidacy, and then will take questions from the public.
State Rep. Dan Kelley and his Republican opponent, Gabe Swersie, will be first on the agenda, followed by Jasper County Auditor Dennis Parrott and Republican challenger Laurie Nelson. Jasper County Supervisor Denny Stevenson and opponent Doug Cupples will face the audience next, and finally, the Jasper County Sheriff candidates, John Halferty and Steve Hoffman, will close out the evening.
The event is free and open to the public.
More Local News
- Law Enforcement Torch Run
- Memorial Day is 'Golf Day' for blind and disabled vets
- NHS Commencement to be held Sunday
- Memorial Day services planned for Monday
- NHS releases traffic pattern, shuttle service plan for Sunday’s commencement