Fast and the Furriest brings in $1,100 for Newton Dog Park
|Dogs and their owners line up for the start of the third annual Fast and the Furriest fund-raiser at Agnes Patterson Park Saturday morning. The event brought in nearly $1,100 for maintenance at the Newton Dog Park. (John Jennings/Daily News)|
About 30 happy dogs and their owners turned out early Saturday morning for a fun run around Agnes Patterson Park. The Fast and the Furriest, now in its third year, is a fundraiser for the Newton Dog Park, and the event raised approximately $1,100, which will be used for maintenance at the canine park at the entrance of Westwood Golf Course.
Tim Bergan and Rocky were the winners of the race around the park, with Lori DeVries and Izzie coming in second. Clara Trease and her golden retriever Lucy took Most Like Owner honors, while DeVries’ Izzie grabbed the Best Costume event.
More Local News
- Accident involving school bus results in fatality in Colfax
- Small named new Iowa Speedway president
- Main Street Initiative Launch Team surpasses goal
- Posh Salon, Spa Open House set for Friday
- JCC announces greeting card contest winners