• Officers were called to Newton Senior High School at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in reference to two males fighting. Dalton R. Hassig, 16, and Skyler G. Kohrs, 17, both of Newton, were charged with disorderly conduct and referred to juvenile authorities.
• Matthew J. Bogue, 51, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County warrant at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday for violation of probation for an original charge of driving while suspended. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Tammy R. Davis, 33, of Newton was charged with driving with a suspended license, possession of a controlled substance, second offense and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:38 a.m. Wednesday when she was found asleep behind the steering wheel of her vehicle in the driveway at 908 S. Fifth Ave. E. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Pamela L. Hackathorn, 56, of Newton was cited for following too closely after traveling north on East Eighth Street North at First Avenue at 6:35 p.m. Wednesday and striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Dorothy Y. Brass, 42, of Newton. Both vehicles sustained $800 in damage. Brass and a passenger in her vehicle sustained minor injuries and were taken to Skiff Medical Center by family members.
• Jwan T. Roush, 15, was charged with possession of marijuana on school property at 12:47 p.m. Tuesday when a check of his backpack revealed marijuana. He was referred to juvenile authorities.
• Blane S. Wilkens, 16, of Newton was cited for unsafe entry onto a roadway after traveling south on East Fifth Street South, turning around into a driveway and backing into a vehicle driven by Erika E. Axtell, 17, of Newton. Damage to his vehicle was estimated at $100, and damage to Axtell’s vehicle was estimated at $1,000. No injuries were reported.