Newton firefighters union endorses Halferty
To the editor:
The Newton Professional Firefighters Local 1457 has unanimously determined to publically support John Halferty as the next Sheriff of Jasper County.
As a fire department, we have had numerous opportunities to work with John Halferty in a professional capacity. During those times, he has displayed a working knowledge of effective communication, leadership and professionalism. Through our association with Chief Deputy Halferty, we have been able to develop a positive working relationship with the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office and its employees.
John Halferty’s commitment to communities throughout Jasper County is evident. He volunteers his time for numerous programs and institutions, including providing training for the Newton Fire Department. We are thankful for the guidance he has been able to provide.
Chief Deputy John Halferty has been a leader for the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office for many years. His professionalism, integrity and leadership qualities are displayed on a daily basis. We stand united with the deputies of the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office, the Newton Police Department Union, and many others in supporting John Halferty for sheriff. Please join the Newton Professional Firefighters in electing John Halferty for Jasper County Sheriff on Nov. 6.
Newton Professional Firefighters Local 1457
More Letters to the Editor News
- Disappointed for the Iowa Veterans Home
- Reader: thankful, proud to be Newton native
- King visit highlighted use of mindless words
- Reader's letter helps correct Wall database error
- Jasper County Freedom Flight Committee thanks citizens for support of Wall That Heals
- Skiff ad brings tears to reader's eyes
- Parents should ensure children are properly vaccinated
- One more thing the government does to take American Natives down
- Progress Industries, Iowa Speedway foundations thank 8K sponsors