Bison Day, National Public Lands Day at Neal Smith NWF
The Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge is hosting a day of stewardship and fun in celebration of National Public Lands Day in conjunction with its Bison Day event from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Bison Day festivities kick off at 10 a.m. and will be ongoing throughout the day until 3 p.m. Bison Day activities include guided bus tours through the bison enclosure, archeological and Native American displays, a weaver’s guild demonstration, arts and crafts, games and music. In addition, at 11 a.m., an Iowa State bison researcher, Peter Eyheralde, will present his research of the bison at Neal Smith NWR. Shortly following, at 1 p.m., Carol Kramer will share stories about her Ojibway heritage. A bison chip throwing contest will complete the day’s activities with prizes for the winners. All activities are free and open to the public.
Contact Megan Wandag at (515) 994-3400 for more information.
More Local News
- County Recorder's Office confirms Iowa Speedway sale final
- Report indicates Japser County on the upswing
- Newton Manufacturing joins Shoes That Fit
- City Council gives city support to Newbury Management.
- St. Nick’s Christmas Club seeks more ‘adopting’ support