Woman’s assault reported at U of Iowa frat house
IOWA CITY (AP) — Police are investigating a reported sexual assault of a woman at a University of Iowa fraternity that’s being closed after allegations of hazing.
Iowa City Police Lt. Doug Hart told the Iowa City Press-Citizen that an assault at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s chapter house was reported on Sept. 11. No charges have been filed and no arrests have been reported.
The national Sigma Alpha headquarters said Monday the Iowa chapter was being closed for hazing and failing to comply with fraternity standards and policies.
The university administration says it is investigating the hazing allegations and supports the action taken by Sigma Alpha’s national leadership.
Around 90 members of the UI chapter have been expelled from the fraternity. They have 10 days to move out of the frat house.
More State News
- Iowa flood buyouts could cost millions extra
- Iowa cities bypass state to halt payday lenders
- Iowa charge: Mom left baby in car during workout
- Iowa man says he was using mower to chase gopher
- Autopsy set in investigation of Polk County crash