Woman’s assault reported at U of Iowa frat house
IOWA CITY (AP) — Police are investigating a reported sexual assault of a woman at a University of Iowa fraternity that’s being closed after allegations of hazing.
Iowa City Police Lt. Doug Hart told the Iowa City Press-Citizen that an assault at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s chapter house was reported on Sept. 11. No charges have been filed and no arrests have been reported.
The national Sigma Alpha headquarters said Monday the Iowa chapter was being closed for hazing and failing to comply with fraternity standards and policies.
The university administration says it is investigating the hazing allegations and supports the action taken by Sigma Alpha’s national leadership.
Around 90 members of the UI chapter have been expelled from the fraternity. They have 10 days to move out of the frat house.
More State News
- Two charged in burglary of police officer's home
- Iowa Board of Regents confirms tuition freeze
- Iowa restaurant manager charged in child porn case
- Search continues for kidnapped Iowa girl, 15
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record