Woman’s assault reported at U of Iowa frat house
IOWA CITY (AP) — Police are investigating a reported sexual assault of a woman at a University of Iowa fraternity that’s being closed after allegations of hazing.
Iowa City Police Lt. Doug Hart told the Iowa City Press-Citizen that an assault at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s chapter house was reported on Sept. 11. No charges have been filed and no arrests have been reported.
The national Sigma Alpha headquarters said Monday the Iowa chapter was being closed for hazing and failing to comply with fraternity standards and policies.
The university administration says it is investigating the hazing allegations and supports the action taken by Sigma Alpha’s national leadership.
Around 90 members of the UI chapter have been expelled from the fraternity. They have 10 days to move out of the frat house.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home