Early morning fire renders apartment home a total loss
A fire resulted in a total loss to a Newton apartment home at 402 First Street South this morning after a blaze originating on the front deck engulfed the structure.
Newton Fire Marshal Mike Knoll said in an on-scene interview today that crews were called to the blaze at approximately 4:30 a.m., and the fire had spread quickly throughout the two-and-a-half story house by the time Newton firefighters and ambulance crews arrived.
“They had a structure that was fully involved,” he said. “The whole front porch was involved and had fire coming from the lower windows, working its way up the side of the house.”
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com