Supervisors considering outside negotiation services
The Jasper County Board of Supervisors is contemplating the option of utilizing an outside negotiation service for union contract bargaining and other services.
Jack Reed, field services representative with Iowa Negotiation Services, said his company could provide human resource consulting, grievance processing, negotiation strategy and bargaining sessions for a fixed fee, plus additional services at a rate of $50 per hour.
Reed said the cost to Jasper County based on four union contracts would be approximately $2,700 per contract for negotiating years, and a retainer/services fee of $300 per contract for non-negotiating years.
Currently, the county utilizes the Ahlers and Cooney firm for many of the same services. The supervisors took no action on the Iowa Negotiation Services presentation Tuesday.
In other action Tuesday, the supervisors:
• Approved Department of Transportation plans to refurbish a portion of Highway F17 from State Highway 224 east four miles to County Road East 132nd Street North. Work will likely be completed this fall, Jasper County Engineer Russ Stutt said.
The supervisors also approved plans to install longitudinal drains on Highway F27 from Highway 224 east 2.92 miles; and on Highway T38 from Lynnville north 7 miles. Installation of the drains is in anticipation of overlay work to be completed in the next couple of years.
• Approved a Law Enforcement Center food service contract amendment with CBM Managed Service, for a consumer price index rate adjustment of 2.1 percent, effective April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012.
More Local News
- Pappy's Antique Mall to close on Sunday
- Ladies show love for the courthouse lights
- Berg teacher wins drawing
- Mojo Cycling donates to St. Nick's
- Young patriots honored by VFW Ladies' Auxiliary