Absentee ballots available for Jasper County primary election
Absentee ballots for the Jasper County Primary Election on June 8 will be available beginning Thursday, according to Dennis K. Parrott, Jasper County auditor and commissioner of elections.
Those wishing to vote by absentee ballot may do so personally in the office of the Commissioner of Elections in room 201 of the Jasper County Courthouse in Newton beginning Thursday. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Registered voters also may request a ballot be mailed to them by calling the office at (641) 792-7016 and requesting an absentee ballot request form be mailed to them. The voter then completes the information on the request form and mails the ballot request form back to the auditor’s office and an absentee ballot will be mailed to them.
Iowa Law now permits same day voter registration. Voters may register at their polling location on Election Day and cast their ballot there.
Call the Office of the Jasper County Auditor at (641) 792-7016 for more information.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton